Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Flower Cookies

In a house with all boys, I end up making a lot of masculine things.  So when my mother-in-law asked me to make some cookies for her book club, I jumped at the chance.  Flower shapes!  PINK frosting!

I tried something new with theses cookies.  Usually, I outline a shape with royal icing, then use flood icing to fill it in.  (I learned how to do that from reading the Bake at 350 blog which started my cookie obsession.)  But for the yellow flower centers here, I used "20-second icing" which is a consistency somewhere between outline and flood.  (I learned how to do that from reading The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.)

Aren't they pretty?  And springy?  Plus they're loaded with frosting, so they're delicious, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment